Pro's and cons
Just like any other payment method available, MasterCard has its strong points and weaknesses. Here we can directly compare its advantages and disadvantages, to see if it's worth using over other methods of payment.
- Nearly all online casino sites accept the payment method.
- Immediate deposits at no extra charge.
- Ensured banking security at trustworthy online casino sites.
- Additional comfort and convenience when using mobile banking applications.
- MasterCard deposits offer eligibility for substantial incentives and promotions.
- A few AUS casinos do not support withdrawals.
- It may take up to around 5 business days to obtain your winnings.
- There is an occasional 2% charge when withdrawing.
An Introduction to MasterCard
MasterCard has been one of the great growth stories on Wall Street for years ever since launching back in 1966 and has been astonishingly increasing its popularity with online casino players worldwide.
It is merely one of the most convenient methods of payment for making purchases both online and offline. MasterCard provides both credit cards and debit cards, offering the best options for a diversity of individuals, collaborating with over 25,000 banks and additional financial establishments.
Due to its growing popularity, MasterCard casino is widely used as a means for online casino payments. Below you shall find a few of the fundamental reasons why several online players have switched to using MasterCard as their preferred casino payment method:
- Commonly accessible with various individuals already owning one.
- No need to wait around for a transfer to get cleared as MasterCard payments are processed more or less right away.
- Players playing on a gambling app or at a mobile casino can use their card simply, as MasterCard has full compatibility with mobile phones.
- Using advanced systems, money is ensured to be transferred to the correct place, fabricating safety and security.
- It is convenient for players to gather their winnings without the need of creating an additional payment option due to the possibility of funds being returned to the same card.
MasterCard Casino Deposits
The payment process using a MasterCard is rather straightforward, giving customers peace of mind that their money and personal information are secure. If you have yet to be in possession of a MasterCard, contact your bank or financial establishment to apply for one.
Here’s a tip, link your bank account to your MasterCard for simpler transactions. Once obtaining your MasterCard and before making a deposit, you should know what will be asked of you from the casino sites:
- The name on the card
- The card number
- The card’s expiry date
- The card’s CVV
- The amount wished to be deposited
- A photo of your ID card
Once you have gathered the information needed, it is time to deposit your money. Here are some helpful steps to get you going:
- Register at a MasterCard-compliant casino site. Going through the list we have provided of the best casino sites which support the use of a MasterCard, choose the one which stands out to you most and begin registration. This will only take a few minutes.
- Go to the cashier section. In this section, you will find various choices on how to deposit money, and this is where you will select the MasterCard casino option. You should easily find it if you are familiar with its logo.
- Deposit your preferred amount. Normally there is a minimum amount of $10 with no maximum amount. There are no extra fees and your transaction should not take longer than a few minutes.
- Begin your online casino experience. Once the amount is deposited, you can begin playing your favourite online casino games while even discovering some new ones from the sites we have recommended.
Withdrawing Using Your MasterCard
The beauty of using the Mastercard casino payment method to play your favourite casino games is that you can also cash out your winnings using the same account. The best casino sites we have provided will lay out all the information needed in the cashier section, but here are all the steps you must take to withdraw your earnings:
- Go to the cashier section.
- View the withdrawal options and select ‘MasterCard’. Make sure that the details listed are correct and match with those of your casino account.
- Withdraw your desired amount. The minimum amount to be withdrawn is normally $20 with the maximum amount depending on the casino you have chosen (keep this in mind when looking for an online casino site to register on) however a general amount of $5,000 is the limit.
- Relish your winnings. Your withdrawal request will commonly take around 24 hours to process and 2-4 business days for your cash to be deposited into your card, so unfortunately you must be a tad patient. It’s important to note that in some cases a fee of 2% may be charged.
Safety, Security, and Licensing
MasterCard holders are provided with enterprise-level security procedures with US customers benefiting from MasterCard’s ID Theft Protection at no extra charge. This is a system that prevents and/or resolves identity theft.
In the MasterCard itself, advanced chip technology is implanted to increase reliability and security when shopping locally. When it comes to online purchases, customers can use the MasterCard SecureCode for additional safeguarding. Each code is one of a kind and will be asked for when making any online purchase. There is also an option for customers to pawn their 16-digit card number for a unique token for a more personal option of security.
Using your MasterCard for gambling online is one of the safest options as the sites which are compliant with MasterCard all use a state of the art encryption technology to ensure the safety of the personal information of players.
All the casinos which we have listed for your ease are fully licensed by entities namely the Malta Gaming Authority and the UK Gambling Commission. We ensure that the sites offer preservation of funds and any monetary and/or confidential details.
Frequently asked questions
Where can I find the best casino site to use my MasterCard?
We’ve got you covered! All you need to do is scroll up and take a quick look at the list of the best Aussie MasterCard casino sites we have compiled for you right at the top of this very page.
Am I making a safe choice when betting with my MasterCard?
Yes, you are. Security measures are set in place to maintain safety precautions and to protect against identity theft and/or fraud. Internet banking is another option to remain aware of your balance for additional safety and peace of mind.
Are there any additional fees when depositing and withdrawing at a MasterCard casino?
Mastercard as a company does not hold any fees for the customer in a transaction, so as a general payment method, Mastercard does not carry any withdrawal fees, although some casinos add small specific fees to the payment method.
Is it safe to use a MasterCard at an online casino?
A MasterCard deposit is one of the most secure deposits out there. Players may confidently use MasterCard to make deposits and withdrawals at almost any online casino on the market.
What is the average waiting time for deposits and withdrawals using Mastercard?
Online casinos usually take deposits instantaneously when placing a payment with Mastercard. This could also vary depending on the casino’s policies.
Withdrawals on the other hand could take some time, where we’ve seen payments take up to 10 days on rare occasions. Generally, however, withdrawals take on average 1-3 business days to appear in your banking account.